Hegland Happenings

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What a day...


So today was quite the eventful day. I was concerned about Kycen not eating or peeing for the last day, so I took him to the doctor. The doctor ended up admitting him into the hospital for monitoring and possible iv fluids because he could be dehydrated.
The picture I'm posting makes me laugh because after he pooped all up his back and all over his onesie, the shirt they gave him to wear was horribly small. It was like an extremely tight, belly shirt, so it showed off every roll he has, including his baby boobs. lol.
After some tests and monitoring, they finally let us go home just before 9pm. They wanted to make sure he was eating and having regular wet diapers before letting him go, and I thought that 3 feedings was plenty. The doctor originally wanted him to stay all night, but I did have another child at home to take care of as well, so I asked if we could go home tonight. Of course my phone died in the early afternoon so I couldn't get ahold of anyone unless I knew their phone number (of which I knew like 2).
He was so pleasant all day even after all of the poking and prodding. I felt so bad to see my little guy laying in the hospital crib. I cried on the way to admitting just thinking that something could possibly be wrong. I'm so glad to report that he's perfect, but we already knew that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment